The Peace God Promises: Closing the Gap Between What You Experience and What You Long For Review

The Peace God Promises: Closing the Gap Between What You Experience and What You Long For
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy The Peace God Promises: Closing the Gap Between What You Experience and What You Long For? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on The Peace God Promises: Closing the Gap Between What You Experience and What You Long For. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

The Peace God Promises: Closing the Gap Between What You Experience and What You Long For ReviewIn selecting the books that I have chosen to review for the Amazon Vine, I will admit to a very strong bias towards several categories. These obviously include memoirs, especially spiritually-oriented memoirs, and theology or spiritual writings by and about women. I have been deeply rewarded by every book that I have so far had the opportunity to review, but Ann Spangler's discussion of the nuances of divinely-provided Peace - Shalom - has been by far the most personally helpful to date.
It is not as if there is anything really new - anything I didn't already know - in her discussion. After all, I'm a retired mother of five, in my seventh decade of life, and I've been actively involved in a Christian community for my entire adult life. I'm a regular participant in worship services, scripture study, centering prayer practice, and a group that conducts spiritual retreats. However, Spangler's presentation is so completely straightforward and totally on target that I will be referring to it over and over again and sharing it with as many others as I possibly can.
Part of this book's charm is of course in Ann's completely honest and humorous sharing of her own personal experiences, as well as the incorporation of anecdotes from others. Her interweaving of relevant teachings from many other religious traditions, including Hebrew scripture, in addition to the peace-sustaining practices of Amish and Quaker Christians, enriches her presentation tremendously. In addition, the discussion questions at the end of each chapter are beautifully phrased and extremely valuable. Whether one chooses to read this book alone, in which case they'd be tremendously valuable for journaling or private reflection, or as part of a study group, they are completely cogent.
Although this is the first book by this author that I have been blessed to read, I know that in the future I will be looking for other opportunities to add her work to my personal library.
The Peace God Promises: Closing the Gap Between What You Experience and What You Long For Overview

Want to learn more information about The Peace God Promises: Closing the Gap Between What You Experience and What You Long For?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment